By delivering “aha” moments about the student experience based on insights that matter, CCCSE assists institutions and policymakers in using information to promote improvements in student learning, persistence, and attainment.
Helping Community College Students Climb the Transfer Ladder highlights factors that help students have clearer plans regarding transfer, as well as areas in which they may need more guidance. This report contains data from 8,836 entering students across 40 community colleges who responded to a SENSE 2022 special-focus module on transfer supports.
Focus Group Videos: Transfer Supports
The Online Student: Impact of Course Modality on Engagement highlights the differences in engagement between students who take all their classes online and those who take classes in person. The data in the report are based on a survey administered in spring 2022 to 82,824 students from 181 colleges across 41 states. One in five of the survey respondents reported taking all their classes online.
Mission Critical: The Role of Community Colleges in Meeting Students’ Basic Needs explores housing and food insecurity among community college students and highlights the struggle many students experience. The data presented in this report are based on a survey administered in spring 2021 to over 80,000 community college students from 194 institutions across the United States.
- Register for SENSE 2024 today!
- CCCSE partners with newly established National Disability Center for Student Success.
- CCCSE partners with Excelencia in Education to provide technical assistance on the Community Colleges Transforming by Engaging Latino Students pilot project.
- Research Affiliate Program aims to increase community college visibility in the field.
- CCCSE partners with Qualtrics to deliver online surveys.